2012 Homecoming Door Decorating Contest!
The annual door decorating competition is an opportunity for students, faculty and staff to get involved in the Homecoming festivities! Each department is allowed to enter in the competition. The doors will be decorated using the Homecoming theme, "A SUPER TIGER HOMECOMING". The doors will be judged according to presentation, creativity, theme, and Tiger pride. Three places will be awarded.
Rules & Regulations
- The Homecoming theme must appear on the door in a legible manner.
- Do not use any materials or procedure that will damage your door, its paint, or its varnish.
- Nothing installed may mark or damage ECU doors. No nails, tacks, or staples may be put into the door and all adhesives used must be fully removable. The following adhesives have been tested on ECU doors: 3M Command Adhesive, Scotch Magic tape, Scotch double –coated tape, Poster putty, and blue tack. Please test your adhesive before using it!
- Door handles MUST remain visible and operational. Door decorations may not impede the usage of the door, compromise ADA compliance, or pose a safety hazard. Decorations must be fire retardant.
- No glitter, confetti, or other small particulate items may be used.
- Nothing that makes noise or requires the use of electricity may be used.
- The University, Campus Life and Leadership, or Homecoming committee will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage of the door decorations.
- Any entries containing material deemed offensive by the judging committee will be immediately disqualified and the department will be asked to remove the decorations. These will not be judged.
- All participants will be respectful of other entries, and will behave appropriately. Any group/organization caught damaging or defacing another entry will be disqualified and barred from future participation.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Application Deadline: October 2. BEFORE 5 p.m.
[Download PDF] Door Decoration Application
If you have any questions please call 559-5231.