English Waner Scholarship
The Ozella Elizabeth Waner Scholarship is awarded annually to one exceptional high school senior who plans to major in English. The scholarship covers the complete cost of room, board, books, tuition, and fees.
PDF documents will open in a new window. To view PDFs, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free, here.
Past Waner Scholarship Recipients
- 2006: Sarah Norton, Velma Alma High School
- 2005: Jeffrey Gaylor, Madill High School
- 2004: Rachel Miller, home schooled
- 2003: Katie Pershall, Mustang High School
- 2002: Samuel Duffy, Smithville High School; Penny Ward, Coalgate High School (two scholarships awarded because of funds availability)
- 2001: Brett Hill, Konawa High School; Bret graduated in 2005. Bret is teaching English at Byng High School.
- 2000: Emily Robinson, Holdenville High School. Emily works in public relations at Valley View Hospital, Ada, and she is working on her masters at ECU and teaching adjunct English composition.
- 1999: Rayshell Clapper, Noble High School; Rayshell graduated in spring 2002 and completed her masters in English at the University of Oklahoma in 2005. She is currently an instructor of English at Seminole State College.
- 1998: Allyson McNeill McElroy, Ada High School; Allyson graduated in 2002. She is Assistant Vice President in charge of Customer Service for People's Electric Co-Op, Ada, Ok.
- 1997: Cara Wade Peters, Bridge Creek High School; Cara graduated in 2001 and is a high school librarian.
- 1996: Adam Hampton, Dale High School. Adam's essay, "Invisible Man," appeared in the 1996 Oklahoma Anthology. Adam has continued his writing at ECU. He is the 1999 AlphaChi award winner for his essays, "Dirt Road Cologne" and "The Problem with Chicks." Both essays appear in the 1999 Originals. He graduated in 2001.
- 1995: Megan Harris Tietz, Ardmore High School. Megan graduated in 1999; she teaches English at Burleson (Tx) High School.
- 1994: Sam Leonard, Ada High School. Sam graduated in 1998.