Things You Need to Know
2009 East Central University Boy Scout Merit Badge Fair
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Merit Badge Requirements
- Become familiar with the merit badge requirements. We suggest obtaining the appropriate merit badge pamphlet and/or taking a look at the information and links found for the various merit badges at www.meritbadge.org.
- Complete all you can in the appropriate work book found at www.meritbadge.org and bring this with you. Many requirements ask that you “Describe,” “Discuss,” “Explain” or other such wording. This means those earning the badge should be as ready as possible to do this.
- Documentation will be sent home with each scout showing the requirements they completed during the ECU Merit Badge Fair.
- We are committed to making program activities accessible to all participants. Please submit in writing to the address below or by fax any special need requests within 72 hours prior to the event.
- Pictures will be taken and used for publicity purposes. If any scout prefers photos to not be used, please request so in writing.
Scout Uniform and Conduct
- Scouts and leaders should wear the official Boy Scout uniform during the conference. This will help identify Scouts.
- Scouts should not leave any part of this event without adult supervision. Adults are asked to keep track of their Scouts at all times. Event organizers will not be responsible for scouts who choose to not be where they are supposed to be. Scouts are expected to behave like Scouts and may be removed from the program for inappropriate behavior.
What to Bring
- Please bring pencil and paper.
- Sack lunch. Drinks are provided.
- Check-in will begin at 9:00 am in the University Center (please refer to map).
- There is ample parking in the lots west of the University Center for buses/vans. The south Visitor Parking Lot is available for cars.
Getting to Class
- Scouts will be dismissed, by merit badge class, from the morning opening session and after-lunch assembly. Campus Guides will escort the class groups to where the class is being held.
|9:00 - 9:15||Check In / Late Registration|
|9:15 - 9:30||Welcome Session (Estep Multi-Media Room/University Center)|
|9:40 - 11:30||Merit Badge Session I (Various Sites)|
|11:30 - Noon||Lunch - Bring a Sack Lunch, Drinks will be provided (University Center)|
|Noon - 1:50||Merit Badge Session II (Various Sites)|
|2:00 - 3:50||Merit Badge Session III (Various Sites)|
|4:00 - 4:15||Closing Session (Estep Multi-Media Room/University Center)|