Assistant Professor of Music
Music Position: the Department of Music of East Central University seeks applicants for a full-time position in Piano and Music History, at the Assistant Professor (tenure track), level. Starting date will be August 2013 at the latest.
East Central University (ECU) is a student-centered regional state university located in Ada, Oklahoma. ECU offers thirty-three undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing, and the social sciences. Nine master's degrees are offered in education, human resources, psychology, and accounting. ECU's 4,800 students come from 38 countries and 32 different states. About 65% of the 173 faculty members hold doctorates.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for delivering quality instruction in undergraduate courses in the following areas: Private Piano Instruction, Collaborative Piano Instruction, Piano Literature, Piano Accompanying and Music History;
- accompany ensembles, faculty and students and assist with the overall piano/keyboard program;
- advise students;
- recruit qualified music majors;
- hold active membership in relevant professional associations/organizations; and,
- serve on committees and participate in official activities at the department, college, and university levels. Position may include other responsibilities commensurate with applicants experience or qualifications.
Qualifications include: An earned Doctorate in Music; ABD may be considered. Applicant must demonstrate an outstanding record of performance on piano and pedagogical knowledge and ability with all levels of piano instruction as well as sufficient background in Music History to teach undergraduate level courses. Applicant should have substantial accompanying experience working with soloists, chamber ensembles and large choral groups.
To apply: Send a letter of application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, a CD or DVD of recent live performances, copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/phone numbers/email of three references, and *Disclosure Statement (http://www.ecok.edu/offices/hr/forms.htm) to: Stephanie Moss, Employment Services Office, East Central University,1100 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820. Application review will continue until the position is filled. For information about ECU, visit www.ecok.edu.