In the event of an earthquake, all employees and students should take immediate cover.
- Position yourself under a desk or in a doorway and cover your head.
- Stay clear of windows, shelves and heavy objects.
- If outdoors, move away from buildings, trees, utility poles, power lines and gas meters.
- Do not use elevators during evacuation after an earthquake.
- Once the tremor has passed, immediately evacuate the building and proceed to the rally point established in your department evacuation plan.