The Education Department provides an in-house PearsonVue testing center where pre-service teachers, teacher candidates, and those seeking additional certification can take their required CEOE (Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators) or MAT (Miller’s Analogy Test). All certification exams are offered including those for counselors and administrators.
The Test Center is open for MAT tests on Mondays 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Tuesdays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., and Thrusdays, 8 a.m. - noon. All tests are given on an appointment only basis.
Whether taking a CEOE test or a MAT test, the admitting office is in room 215D and the tests are completed in 215C of the Education Building. All tests require two forms of ID during check-in.
REGISTRATION AND TESTING PROCESS
- To register for the MAT, contact Terri Curry at 580 559-5350 or June Caruthers at 580 559-5173.
- To pay for the MAT, you will need to bring a check or money order made out to CEP Testing Center (College of Education and Psychology Testing Center). If you need to pay with a debit or credit card you will first need to go to the Bursar’s office (Admin 108), inform them that you are paying for the Miller Analogy Test, pay for the test in that office and then bring the payment receipt to the testing center. The cost of the test is $75.00.
- Check in to the testing center with the testing supervisor. You will need two IDs: one photo ID and one other. All personal belongings will be placed in a locker. You can retrieve your personal items when you complete your test.
DIRECTIONS TO THE CEP TESTING CENTER
Campus Address: 1100 East 14th Street, Ada
- Park in the visitor’s parking lot on the corner of 14th and Francis just north of the tennis courts.
- Walk toward the Bell Tower and then walk north on the mall area.
- You will pass the University Center on your left and the chapel and the Library on your right.
- The Lanoy Education Building is the next building passed the library.
- The testing center is in room 215 in the back of the building.