The School of Nursing recognizes registered nurses as self-motivated adult learners who possess a base of knowledge and experience upon which to build additional knowledge and skills. RN to BSN students attend synchronous classes via the internet using the WebEx platform. Students must attend class meetings at scheduled times throughout the semester.
Our RN to BSN courses are blended, meaning that there is minimal face to face class time for students. The majority of coursework is completed online using our Blackboard ® educational system. Clinical experiences are flexible, allowing students to plan clinical requirements around job responsibilities.
F 1 Student Visa Holders Are Not Eligible to Attend Our Program related to our limited blended face to face and online format.
East Central University (ECU) Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion track is for licensed registered nurses who have graduated with an associate degree or diploma from an accredited nursing program (ACEN or CNEA). The RN student may receive advance standing credit through Articulation for up to 29 hours. All RN students must meet University admission requirements. The BSN curriculum builds upon previous nursing and general education course work. The program is designed to support educational mobility and to strengthen professional growth and leadership abilities of nurses who already have a foundation in the profession. Many of our graduates apply to graduate nursing programs to become Advanced Practice Nurses as nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialist, nurse educators, nurse executives, and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- An associate Degree with a major in Nursing from a nationally accredited institution
- At least 60 transferable college credit hours
- Applicants with a Diploma from a hospital school of Nursing may transfer in 40 credit hours
- Proof of high school diploma or GED
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 in previous college work
- Proof of current Oklahoma RN licensure
- Students enrolling in the RN to BSN program must either own or have access to a computer
- A total of 124 credit hours are required for graduation (Your last 15 hours must be taken at ECU)
- The credit hours must include 60 credit hours taken at a four year university (upper level courses)
- 40 hours of the 60 hours must be 3000 level courses or higher
- Completion of 30 hours of coursework through the ECU Campus (residency requirement)
- Completion of 45 hours of General Education
- Payment of all tuition and fees
National Accreditation and Oklahoma Board of Nursing Certification
The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing program has full certification by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Information may be obtained from either of these organizations at the addresses below:
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N Classen Blvd, Suite 524
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Telephone: (405) 926 1800
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
J. Jeffery Jordan, MS, RN, MBA, CEN, CNE, EMT-LP
East Central University
School of Nursing
1100 E. 14th St. PMB V-8
Ada, OK 74820-6999
Toll Free: 888.691.0001