Welcome to the School of Graduate Studies

Degree candidates for the Master's program march into the graduation ceremony.We would like to welcome you to East Central University's School of Graduate Studies.  Our graduate education offers students the opportunity to build upon prior educational achievements to increase knowledge and related skills for your career or personal goals.

East Central University offers six masters degrees with fourteen options and three graduate certificate programs satisfying requirements for advanced and provisional Oklahoma teaching certificates, Licensed Professional Counseling, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, and others are also available.

Thank you for considering us here at East Central University and we look forward to having you with us.

To get started, Apply to Graduate Studies.

NOTE:  Once you submit your application to the ECU School of Graduate Studies you will need to submit your unofficial transcripts here and mail your official transcripts to:

East Central University
Office of Admissions
1100 East 14th Street
Box R-8
Ada, OK 74820

All Degree Program documents are HERE.  Choose the degree program you are persuing and submit all documents under that heading.  You must submit all Degree Program documents before you can be fully admitted to your program.

View the Graduate Catalog (pdf).

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

The School of Graduate Studies serves to assist graduate students and the academic departments that offer graduate degrees.  Students are admitted to the university, the School of Graduate Studies and the degree program. Students may be admitted as:

  • Concurrent – those finishing a bachelor’s degree
  • Provisional – those not yet meeting the program admission standards
  • Conditional – those meeting standards but lacking specific requirements
  • Unconditional – students fully admitted to degree programs
  • Special – non-degree seeking

Click here for Standards of Admission and Admission of Categories (pdf) for the graduate program.


Are you an undergraduate wanting to take graduate courses?

A senior student who has completed 100 hours and who is not enrolled in a full course load may be permitted to enroll in courses applicable to the graduate program, provided that his or her total study load is not more than 16 hours in a semester or nine hours in a summer term. No more than 6 hours in a semester or 3 in a summer term may be applied to a graduate degree.


Contact Us

  • Brenda Sherbourne
    Dean & Professor, , Acting Dean,
    Education 204 D

  • Jenny Campbell
    Administration 212

  • Amy Eckart-Gregg
    Administration 212