Participant in the Certificate in Human Resources Addictions Counseling will:
- Acquire knowledge of the psychological, social and physiological aspects of substance addictions.
- Gain knowledge concerning the effects of substance abuse on individuals, relationships and society.
- Learn effective intervention and treatment strategies to help those impacted by and at risk of substance abuse disorders.
- Demonstrate basic skills of documentation, treatment planning and other services in regards to assessing and treating substance abuse disorders.
- Learn skills to provide culturally competent treatment that reduces barriers to participants accessing services.
These objectives support ECU’s mission of fostering learning in a culturally diverse society and promote leadership for economic development by training counselors to excel in substance abuse counseling.
For more information, contact:
Graduate Certificate Number: 0990
Advisor: Ms. Holli Witherington
Location: 109 Horace Mann
Degree checksheets are in PDF format and will open in a new browser window. Select the appropriate checksheet beginning the year of continuous enrollment.
Financial Aid Regulations for Graduate Students
Students please be advised that the courses you choose to enroll in MUST be a required course or an elective course in your degree program. Financial Aid regulations dictate that any graduate student who is seeking financial aid must be enrolled in AT LEAST four (4) credit hours during the fall, spring, or summer semester and the courses MUST be in the degree program.
*Certificate Programs do not qualify for financial aid.