Follow these 3 Easy Steps to Apply for Graduation:
- Complete your application for Candidacy and your degree checksheet.
- For more information, refer to the Candidacy Page.
- Complete Master’s Degree Application
- Online available through myECU.
- Pay the graduation fee of $75 to the Bursar’s Office.
- Please mail payment directly to the Bursar’s Office. Make sure to clarify that the money is for the graduation fee. The fee is due when applying for graduation.
Note: Applying by the application deadline will guarantee that the graduate will have their name printed in the commencement program; however, degree applications submitted after the deadline will not prevent candidates from participating in the commencement ceremony.
|Semester||Application Available||Application Deadline||Commencement|
|Fall 2014||March 15, 2014||August 29, 2014||December 13, 2014|
|Spring 2015||November 1, 2014||January 26, 2015||May 9, 2015 at 2 pm|
|Summer 2015||February 1, 2014||April 10, 2015||May 9, 2015 at 2 pm|
|Fall 2015||March 15, 2015||TBD||TBD|
1. Commencement exercises for bachelors and masters candidates will be held in the Kerr Activity Center. The ceremony will take place for all students completing degree requirements for the semester. Candidates should report to the ECU Cafeteria before the ceremony. Instructions relating to the exercises are given at that time. In case of heavy rain, meet in Room 202 Kerr Activity Center. PLEASE BE ON TIME. Attendance at commencement exercises is expected of all candidates. Please report to the name card table when you arrive. (For directions to the cafeteria, please contact the Admissions and Records Office.)
2. Persons who need special accommodations for the ceremony because of a physical condition should contact the Office of Admissions and Records as soon as possible.
3. You may pick up your cap and gown from the ECU Bookstore. Graduation announcements may be purchased at the ECU bookstore also.
4. Candidates who wait to apply until last minute for their degree may not have their name listed in the commencement program, as they have to have time to be printed.
5. It is requested that women wear dress clothes and that men wear dark slacks and a tie. Corsages, ornamental accessories, or lettering on the hat may not be worn. Honor cords and organizational sashes are allowed.
6. Do not bring personal items with you. You will not be allowed to carry any items during the ceremony. They will be collected and taken to the Office of Admissions and Records for pick up immediately following the ceremony. in the case of cold weather or drizzle, a table will be available for coats and umbrellas as you enter the stairs at Kerr Center.
7. Because masters candidates will receive their degrees as a group prior to the bachelors candidates, please be prepared to participate in the entire ceremony. Candidates should not leave until the commencement exercises are completed in their entirety.
For more information about the graduation ceremony, please check the Admissions and Records Graduation Page.