Below is a list of graduate programs available through distance education. Click the links to learn more about each program. Don't forget to check out the ECU School of Graduate Studies Page for more information about admission into the Graduate Studies program and more.
Master of Science in Human Resources
The Masters Degree in Human Resources is designed to provide the student with the theory, knowledge, and skills necessary for employment in a variety of public and private settings. The degree offers options in rehabilitation and mental health counseling, criminal justice, and administration.
- Human Resources - 0891 (36 hours) - Two options: TRACK A - Administration - Focuses upon the problem-solving and decision-making responsibilities of modern management. It is aimed at providing broad-based preparation for careers in administration in either the public or private sector. TRACK B - Human Services - Provides the opportunity for development of the necessary skills to become an effective human service provider. Students will learn the concepts necessary for organizational and client program development, as well as broad based skills for working with clients. Students will develop skills in case management, client employment and development, and strategies for a wide range of problem solving in the human services field. This program is available at:
- Clinical Rehabilitation and Clinical Mental Health Counseling - 0894 (60 hours) - This option prepares rehabilitation and counseling professionals for employment in a variety of public and private settings. This training program affords students opportunities to gain the knowledge necessary to become highly-skilled professional counselors meeting the demands of clinical rehabilitation and clinical mental health counseling. Students completing the program will satisfy the educational and clinical training requirements to be eligible for certification (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor – CRC) and licensure (Licensed Professional Counselor— LPC). An applicant for admission to the program must show evidence of professional potential. This option is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE). This option is available at:
- Criminal Justice - 0895 (36 hours) - The Criminal Justice option provides students the opportunity to develop the advanced skills and knowledge needed to function effectively in the full range of criminal justice professions. The program also provides the opportunity to acquire the resources necessary for program development and management. This option is available at:
Master of Education
The Master of Education degree enables teachers to expand their career possibilities and to develop and improve their skills, allowing them to work more effectively with children, parents, and teachers.
- Educational Leadership - 0980 (32 hours) - The graduate program option for Educational Leadership is designed for the graduate student specializing in administration for grades K-12. Special attention is given to the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to become an effective school principal. In order to complete this option, a student must hold and maintain a valid teaching certificate and must have completed two years of successful public school teaching. This program is offered at:
- Library Media - 0900 (32 hours) - The Masters of Library Media is designed for graduate students planning to become a School Library Media Specialist in grades PK-12 in public or private educational settings. The intent of the program is to prepare competent, certified School Library Media Specialists in accordance with the state and national professional standards and guidelines. All areas of school librarianship, including technology, are emphasized. Special attention is given to the development of the student as a consumer of research along with a major emphasis on the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are necessary to become a School Library Media Specialist. This program is offered at:
- Educational Technology - 1040 (32 hours) - The Master of Education in Educational Technology is intended for the individual who desires to develop advanced knowledge and skills in the integration of technology to effectively support teaching and learning. This program offers a specific emphasis on designing, implementing, and evaluating 21st Century digital learning environments. This program is offered at:
- Sports Administration - 1050 (32 hours) - The Master of Education in Sports Administration specialization is designed to prepare the professional educator for positions as Head Coach, Athletic Director, or other administrative positions responsible for directing athletic programs. The program is based on specialized courses in athletic administration. This program is offered at:
- School Counseling - 0843 (32 hours) - The graduate program option for the school counselor is designed for the graduate student specializing in counseling at the elementary or secondary level and leads to the Master of Education Degree. Special attention is given to the development of the student as a consumer of research along with a major emphasis on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are necessary to become a school counselor. This program is offered at: