EAST CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS
Instructions for Bachelor’s and Master’s Candidates
1. Commencement exercises for bachelor’s and master’s candidates will be held in the Kerr Activity Center Saturday, December 13, 2014. The ceremony will take place at 10:00 A.M. and will be for ALL students completing degree requirements in December.
Candidates should report to the ECU Cafeteria at 9:15 A.M. Instructions relating to the exercises are given at that time. In case of heavy rain, meet in Room 202 Kerr Activity Center. PLEASE BE ON TIME. Attendance at commencement exercises is expected of all candidates. Please report to the name card table when you arrive. (For directions to the cafeteria, please contact the Admissions and Records Office.)
2. Persons who need special accommodations for the ceremony because of a physical condition should contact the Office of Admissions and Records as soon as possible.
3. The graduation fee, if not already paid, is now due. The fee for bachelor’s candidates is $50.00, and the fee for master’s candidates is $75.00. Please mail payment directly to the Bursar’s Office, not the Office of Admissions and Records or the Graduate Office.
4. You may pick up your cap and gown from the ECU Bookstore beginning November 1st. Graduation announcements may be purchased at the ECU Bookstore also.
5. December candidates who are/were approved to graduate by their advisor after November 12th will not have their name listed in the commencement program.
6. It is requested that women wear dress clothes and that men wear dark slacks and a tie. Corsages, ornamental accessories, or lettering on the hat may not be worn. Honor cords and organizational sashes are allowed.
7. Do not bring personal items with you. You will not be allowed to carry any items during the ceremony. They will be collected and taken to the Office of Admissions and Records for pick up immediately following the ceremony. In the case of cold weather or drizzle, a table will be available for coats and umbrellas as you enter the stairs at Kerr Center.
8. Because master’s candidates will receive their degrees as a group prior to the bachelor’s candidates, please be prepared to participate in the entire ceremony. Candidates should not leave until the commencement exercises are completed in their entirety.