Below is a list of undergraduate degrees one is able to obtain through online education at East Central University. Click below to learn more about each degree program:
1. Interdisciplinary Studies - The Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) offers an alternative route to a college degree. The BGS bypasses more traditional formats and offers a unique mix of web-based and field experience courses to be combined with courses from other majors - which may also be available in alternative delivery formats - and creates a major tailored to an individual student's career and/or personal goals. Available:
2. Nursing - Nursing is an exciting and rewarding profession that involves both the art of caring and the science of curing. Professional nurses are in high demand in today's health care system. They are being recognized for their skills, judgment and decision-making ability and research has shown that there is a direct correlation between successful patient recovery and the number of nurses providing care. Available:
3. Human Services Counseling - The Mission of the Human Services Counseling Program is to provide a baccalaureate program designed to furnish the necessary skills for entry-level employment in human services positions in a variety of government, civic, and private organizations. Available:
4. Criminal Justice Policy - With an interdisciplinary approach to criminal justice, this program provides a strong educational foundation through accelerated courses in law, political science and technical writing. You’ll also gain hands-on experience through an exciting internship opportunity. Available:
5. Social Work - The mission of the East Central University Social Work Program is to educate students for competent generalist social work practice in a rapidly changing and diverse society and who are dedicated to the alleviation of poverty and oppression and the enhancement of the quality of life for all people.