The vision for the ECU Arts Incubator is to create successful arts entrepreneurs that contribute to Ada's Economy. We do this by providing opportunities for unique arts-related entrepreneurs to meet needs in the community for economic development, and enhanced learning and cultural experiences utilizing local talent. Arts-related is broadly defined to include traditional forms of art such as painting and sculpture, but also music, dance, photography, writing, graphic and software design, culinary art, and other mediums for creativity. The Incubator opened in July 2010 and is a 4500 square foot facility, certified by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce.
Benefits of the ECU Arts Incubator Program
- The ECU Arts Incubator provides a sheltered environment of low rental rates. Leases for the space begin at 30% of the full market rate and increase by 10% every 6 months. This allows a business to launch and grow without the burden of the full market lease rates right from the beginning. As the businesses become self-sustaining, it is anticipated that they leave the incubator program and locate within the Arts District, assisting with the growth and development of the District and providing an opportunity for new arts-related businesses to form.
- In the ECU Arts Incubator, income from the business qualifies for tax breaks with the State of Oklahoma.
- Your will receive guidance from an advisory committee comprised of knowledgeable experts who are happy to answer questions from the owners of the Incubator businesses.
- The regional office of the Small Business Development Center is located next door on the 3rd floor of the Chickasaw Business and Conference Center.
- East Central University will promote the opening of a new business within the Incubator and assist with promotion of special events.
- Your business will be located in a growing hub of cultural activities and businesses adjacent to a University with nearly 5000 students and 500 employees.
- ECU provides high speed internet and trash service at no additional charge and water, electricity and gas are included in the lease.
- ECU covers the expense of the lettering for the name of your business on the building signage and all facility maintenance costs.
- According to the National Business Incubation Association, business that start in an incubator have an 80$ overall success rate.
- A vast amount of ECU parking is available nearby, open to the public after 12:30pm daily.
- A shared break room, storage room and restroom facilities
- Access to a copy and fax machine
VACANT SPACE WILL BE AVAILABLE in SUMMER 2015. The ECU Arts Business Incubator is currently full, however, the occupants of Suites A, C and D are temporarily located in the incubator while their building is remodeled. If you want to open your business in the Summer of 2015, inquire today with Bridget Forshay at 580-559-5296 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download an application, click here. We have a team of people who will assist you with the application as well as planning for and forming your business.
The ECU Arts Incubator was featured in the May 2011 edition of the Ada Hub. The article can be read by clicking here at adahub.com/.
Contact the ECU Arts Incubator Manager, Bridget Forshay:
Chickasaw Business and Conference Center Building
830 East Main Street, Room 111
Ada, OK 74820
1100 East 14th Street, PMB E3
Ada, OK 74820