East Central University
ECU is a student-centered regional state university located in Ada, Oklahoma. ECU offers thirty-three undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts, business, education, mathematics, sciences, nursing, and the social sciences; and six master's degrees in accounting, education, human resources, psychology, management, and water resources. ECU's 4,200 (average) students come from 35 countries and 22 different states. About 65% of the 147 full-time faculty hold doctorates.
Under general supervision, maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the campus. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems on campus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
· Knowledge of electrical codes
· Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations
· Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
· Ability to use hand and power tools
· Working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
· High standard of integrity and professionalism
Job requires a valid Journey Electricians License, and a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
· Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, and circuit-breaker panels, etc.
· Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
· Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
· Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
· Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical appliances, including commercial ovens, ranges, steam tables, washers, dryers, etc.
· Receive and complete work orders.
· Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
· Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
· Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and materials.
· Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
· Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects,
· Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
· Respond to emergency calls as needed.
· Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
· Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
· Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
· Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
· Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
· Cleaning work area and washing parts
· Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
· Assist with the continued enhancement of ECU by modeling appropriate behavior for and towards students and staff, and by displaying professional conduct at all times
Must be able to hear and speak in fluent English to exchange information in person, on the telephone or using a two-way radio system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: Send letter of interest; resume; transcripts; name, addresses, phone numbers of three professional references; and *Disclosure Statement to Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our web site at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th, Adm 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.