Purpose: To clean and provide sanitation and appearance to buildings. We also provide maintenance to all floor coverings to extend the life of the floors. Set up and break down of events for East Central University campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Event set ups
- Supervise, organize, track event setup i.e. athletics, academic and support for dinning events.
- Set up may include but not be limited to, table’s chairs, tents, trash receptacles and traffic control barricades.
- Set up, break down, store and clean of event equipment, space and vehicles.
- Maintain pool facilities and its equipment.
- Clean restrooms, stock paper towels and tissue, mop, disinfect, clean mirrors.
- Dust, mop halls, doorways, wet mop hall entries.
- Clean windows and doors.
- Clean stairs, sweep and mop.
- Clean handrails as needed.
- Clean offices: dust, gather trash, vacuum, wash windows and doors as needed.
- Buff the floors with high speed burnisher.
- Scrub floors with low speed scrubber, stripping wax off to refinish floors.
- Shampoo carpets as needed removing stains and odors.
- Clean classrooms, dust, wash chalkboards, arrange chairs, wet mop floor.
- Locking and unlocking building and rooms as needed.
- Storing and cleaning of equipment used.
- Operation of company vehicles to perform on the job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree(GED); or six months related experience and/ or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have Oklahoma driver’s license
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to orally communicate in fluent English, using a two-way radio system. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and implement verbal and written instructions. Ability to use hand tools and power tools common to the custodial trade, knowledge of chemicals used in the custodial trade. Employee must have good organizational skills. Experience setting up and preparing for events is a plus.
TO APPLY: Visit our web site at http://www.ecok.edu and fill out the Application. Send to Stephanie Moss, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE