Maintains grounds of university property by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cuts lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Rakes and bags leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passage ways to prevent ice build up.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Waters lawn and shrubs.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks.
- Paints fences and out buildings.
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower, spreader, and snow removal equipment.
- Operates and loads refuse truck.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Oklahoma state class B CDL
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good cultivation practices, recognition of disease conditions in trees, shrubs, and lawns. Some mechanical knowledge, skill in operation of tractor, mowers, hand tools. Preferred experience driving and operating refuse truck with air breaks.
TO APPLY: Fill out Application and send to Stephanie Moss, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE