The Lincheid Library of East Central University invites applications for a Technical Services Librarian. Linscheid Library is comprised of five librarians, seven staff members, and a director that work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
East Central University is a student-centered regional public university with an enrollment of 4,727 offering thirty-five undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing and the social sciences; and nine master's degrees in accounting, education, human resources, and psychology. ECU's students come from 24 countries and 25 states.
ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, in the east central region of Oklahoma. Ada is the home of the Chickasaw Nation’s business headquarters, the Robert S. Kerr EPA Water Research Laboratory, and LegalShield. It offers a hometown feel, along with quality schools, restaurants, and other businesses.
- Oversee the cataloging, classification, and processing of all library materials.
- Oversee maintenance of the library’s integrative library system.
- Serve as liaison to various service providers, and FDLP.
- Responsible for all aspects of the institutional repository.
- Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
- Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with faculty on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices.
- Lead and serve on library and university committees.
- Supervise one full-time staff member.
QUALIFICATIONS: Both experienced librarians and recent graduates from ALA-accredited MLS programs are encouraged to apply. Cataloging experience preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, computer literacy, and data analysis skills required.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/ phone numbers/emails of three professional references, and *Disclosure Statement to Amy Schlup, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin January 16, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th, Adm 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.