East Central University
ECU is a student-centered regional state university located in Ada, Oklahoma. ECU offers thirty-three undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts, business, education, mathematics, sciences, nursing, and the social sciences; and six master's degrees in accounting, education, human resources, psychology, management, and water resources. ECU's 4,200 (average) students come from 35 countries and 22 different states. About 65% of the 147 full-time faculty hold doctorates.
The Project Director is considered key personnel, and requires a 100% commitment to the project for effective organization and management. The Project Director will manage the daily operations, budget planning and implementation, and supervision of personnel. Required and preferred qualifications, duties and responsibilities are detailed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinate/oversee goal-related activities
- Manage budget expenditures
- Hire and train all full-time ECU/UB staff
- Publicize project services and goals
- Build rapport/collaborate w/partner schools
- Collaborate w/universities and colleges, technology center, community agencies
- Staff Supervision and Evaluations
- Ensure compliance with EDGAR, UG, ECU policies, applicable state/Federal laws
- Document progress/accurately complete APR
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by ECU's Vice President for Student Services relating to the mission and objectives of the program
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Master's Degree Counseling, Admin., or related field
- Strong professional communication skills
- Financial/Fiscal/Budget Mgmt. Experience
- Experience managing federally-funded projects
- Experience supervising professional staff
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance/EDGAR
- Must demonstrate skills and abilities to relate to and establish rapport with university, partnership schools, businesses, and community organization personnel in a positive manner
- Experience in working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate ability in budgetary planning and disbursement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must possess technological skills including experience utilizing Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel frequently to partnership entities, with some weekend and evening obligations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 yrs. experience designing, implementing or managing similar projects
- TRIO background/experience highly preferred
- OCAP training for Counselors/Mentors Formal UB priority training
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Education or Administration
- Driver's License required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will perform duties in a variety of environments including indoor classrooms and outdoor settings.
TO APPLY: Send letter of interest; resume; transcripts; name, addresses, phone numbers of three professional references; and *Disclosure Statement to Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our web site at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th, Adm 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.