Staff Council represents East Central University staff members appointed through ECU’s Ada campus, from one of the following staff job families set in place by the institution.
The purpose of Staff Council shall be to provide representation for university staff and to strive for a voice in decision making on matters that concern employees. Staff employees now recognize their increasing role of providing professional support to the university. The Staff Council shall continually seek new opportunities for staff to offer their services and experience to ECU, while also ensuring that staff employees work in a positive, supportive atmosphere with opportunities for their own professional and personal growth. Staff Council will support a working environment that contributes to the overall mission of the university.
"Staff Council serves as the voice for staff at East Central University through campus leadership and communication, providing a system that enables staff to realize their full potential as they educate students while impacting employee’s quality of work environment."
- To provide a vehicle for communication of interests, concerns, and issues that affect staff
- To encourage greater participation by member employees in the University community;
- To initiate studies and make recommendations for consideration by proper University officials;
- To provide a forum for the continuing review of University policies.
- Promote staff interests, improve communications and contribute to a sense of University community.
Goals & Purpose
- The Staff Council shall exist to strengthen the vision and goals of the university and to represent the interests of the university staff.
- The functions of the Staff Council shall be: To serve as a representative body for the East Central University staff providing a forum for the expression of ideas and concerns.
- To present recommendations to University leadership including the President in matters that are relevant, or which directly affect the East Central University staff.
- To advance the mission and vision of the university.
- To grow and support the work of University Standing & Ad Hoc Committees
- Promote excellence in service
Visit us on Facebook.