Master of Science in Human Resources - The Master's Degree in Human Resources is designed to provide the student with the theory, knowledge, and skills necessary for employment in a variety of public and private settings.
- Human Resources (36 hours)- Two options: Administration which focuses upon the problem-solving and decision-making responsibilities of modern management or Human Services which provides the opportunity for development of the necessary skills to become an effective human service provider.
- Counseling (60 hours)- Students completing this program will have the coursework necessary to pursue licensure as a professional counselor.
- Criminal Justice (36 hours)- The Criminal Justice option provides students the opportunity to develop the advanced skills and knowledge needed to function effectively in the full range of criminal justice professions. The program also provides the opportunity to acquire the resources necessary for program development and management.
Master of Education -The Master of Education degree enables teachers to expand their career possibilities and to develop and improve their skills, allowing them to work more effectively with children, parents, and teachers.
- Educational Leadership (32 hours)- The graduate program option is designed for the graduate student specializing in administration for grades K-12.
- Elementary Education (32 hours)- The graduate program option for the elementary teacher is designed for a graduate student specializing in teaching in grade levels K-8 and leads to the Master of Education Degree. Special attention is given to the develpment of the student as a consumer of research along with an emphasis on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Library Media (32 hours)- The Master's of Library Media is designed for graduate students planning to become a School Library Media Specialist in grades PK-12 in public or private educational settings.
- Reading (32 hours)-The graduate program option for the reading specialist is designed for the graduate student specializing in teaching reading, supervising, or directing special reading programs in grade levels K-12, and leads to the Master of Education Degree.
- Secondary Education (32 hours)- The graduate program option for secondary teachers is designed for the graduate student specializing in teaching in grade levels 7-12, including the elementary-secondary fields of art, physical education, and music, and leads to the Master of Education Degree.
- Secondary Education- Educational Technology (32 hours)- The Master of Education, Secondary Education option, Educational Technology Specialization is intended for the student who desires to coordinate a distance education program or technology system for the school building or system.
- Secondary Education-Sports Administration (32 hours)- The Master of Education, Secondary Education Option, Sports Administration specialization is designed to prepare the professional educator for positions as Head Coach, Athletic Director, or other administrative positions responsible for directing public school athletic programs. The program is based on a solid foundation in secondary education, with specialized courses in athletic administration.
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist (33 hours)- The graduate program option for the Elementary Mathematics Specialist is designed for the certified teacher who plans to obtain a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education in addition to becoming an Oklahoma Elementary Education in addition to becoming an Oklahoma Elementary Mathematics Specialist. The content focuses on the specialized knowledge that teachers need in order to understand and support student learning of elementary mathematics. The program consists of 33 credit hours.
In order to complete this program option, a student must:
- Have a valid teacher certification in Elementary Education and/or Early Childhood Education;
- Have two years of full-time teaching experience in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 5 at an accredited school under a valid state issued teacher credential.
Visit the ECU Graduate page to learn more about the graduate programs at ECU.