'NEGOTIATING JOB MARKET’ SEMINAR SCHEDULED AT ECU
ADA – Those wanting to be better prepared for job interviews can attend a free seminar called “Negotiating the Job Market – How to get Hired” on Wednesday, Sept. 25, or Monday, Oct. 14, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in room 221 of East Central University’s new Chickasaw Business and Conference Center.
The seminar is being conducted by Wendell Godwin, dean of the Harland C. Stonecipher School of Business, and is open to all faculty, staff, students and community members. The seminar is designed to help attendees become better prepared for interviews and how to handle critical questions in the selection process.
This seminar is applicable to all majors and anyone looking for employment.
Among the topics being discussed are:
- how applicants should respond to critical questions and package themselves in the best possible way to maximize their qualifications
- how to handle questions about starting salary/compensation
- how to conduct research on salaries for different positions as well as company research
- what not to say during an interview
- social media
- how to evaluate a job offer and determine the value of each component of the offer
- how to negotiate things like time off, vacations, weddings and special circumstances into the offer
- the interview evaluation process, keys to understanding what the recruiter or hiring managers look for, and how to tell what is important
- how to match your skills to what the job description states
- how to handle interview follow-up
For more information contact Godwin at 580-559-5274.
Contact: Brian Johnson
East Central University Communications and Marketing
580-559-5650 or 405-812-1428 (cell)