Awards, honors, and recognition
Giving you the recognition you deserve for the great achievements you make.
HOW IT WORKS
- Students participate in events and activities around campus.
- University Communications and Marketing gets a list of students who participate and writes a short article about the event.
- An article is published to Merit and the local newspaper of each student is notified.
- Students involved get an e-mail to their University account saying they were awarded a merit badge.
- Badges can be tweeted or shared on Facebook.
CLAIM YOUR PAGE
- At some point in time, you'll get an e-mail from Achievement from the address firstname.lastname@example.org - it's safe and not spam.
- To redeem your badge, you can either create an account with your ECU e-mail or login with your personal Facebook or Twitter account.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
- Merit helps employers find the "good stuff" about you, and it recognizes accomplishments with official college badges that show they're authentic.
A Merit page creates a positive online identity for post-graduation success. Many companies now research applicants online, and some have rejected applicants based on what they find. Your Merit page is a way for you to shine online.
To opt out of the program, simply reply to the email you receive from Merit and ask to be removed.
ECU Merit Pages
- ECU Releases Dean's Honor Roll for 2019 Spring Semester
- ECU Releases President's Honor Roll for 2019 Spring Semester
- Master's Degrees to be Granted to 161 at ECU's 2019 Spring Commencement
- Bachelor's Degrees to be Granted to 397 at ECU's 2019 Spring Commencement
- Forty inducted into ECU's Alpha Chi National Honor Society