Child Care Referral Information for Parents and Providers.

We refer ONLY to programs licensed by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and/or those programs legally exempt from licensing guidelines (programs that operate less than 15 hours per week). 

All licensing records of licensed providers and licensed programs are open to the public and are available for viewing at your local Child Care Licensing Office, usually at the Department of Human Services (DHS).  You can use these records to check for complaints and/or licensing violations that a provider or program may have had. 

If your income level makes paying for child care difficult, you may qualify for financial assistance provided by the state.  To see if you qualify, contact your local DHS office.  As of November 1997, you will qualify if your income (before taxes) does not exceed approximately $2000.00 per month. 

The information we requested in order to do your search for child care is used only for the purpose of providing referrals, mailing information to you from our agency, and collecting statistical information concerning child care needs in the community. Your personal information, such as name, telephone number, address, children's information, etc., will NOT  be released to anyone outside this agency.

The Child Care Resource & Referral  Agency at East Central University gives referrals free of charge.  We operate from a  grant provided to us through the DHS, Division of Child Care.  Please keep in mind that the referrals are ONLY referrals and should not be considered recommendations.  We do not evaluate any child care program or provider, nor do we guarantee the quality of any program to which referrals have been made.  Choosing childcare is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.

If you have any questions, please call (800) 438-0008 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.