The University Health Services Center will provide the students of East Central University with confidential, quality health care at the onset of illness or injury and educate students regarding the prevention of and protection from disease.
Services provided include but are not limited to the following:
- Pregnancy Testing (urine)
- Urine Analysis
- Flu testing
- Strep testing
- Mono testing
- Fingerstick blood sugar testing
- Safe Sex Education
- Physical Assessment
- Allergy Serial Injection Administration
- Blood Pressure/Weight Checks
- TB Testing on Monday-Wednesday
- Assessment and treatment of acute illness and injury
- *Prescriptions as needed all day (class 3-6)
Health Services provides care for minor injuries or illness. We DO NOT have x-ray facilities. Referral may be necessary in some instances. The student is responsible for any expenses incurred through referral.
Mental Health Services are provided through the Counseling Center.
Who's Eligible for Services:
All currently enrolled students are eligible with a valid East Central University student I.D. If at any time in the semester a student is dropped from the rolls of the University, the student is no longer eligible to receive the Health Center services. Families of students and visitors are not eligible for services. Faculty & Staff are also eligible to receive services.
Immunization Requirements and Forms
- Immunization Requirement [PDF]
- Authorization for Access by Patient or Disclosure of Protected Health Information [PDF]
- Immunization Record [PDF]
- Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire [PDF]
Certificate of Exemption [PDF]
All services offered through student health services are confidential. This means that all identifying information pertaining to student records are not distributed to unauthorized personnel. Personal information that students share maybe entered into their file in written form. The only individuals with access to student files are employees of the Health Services office. Confidentiality statements are signed by all office personnel (including student workers) in this facility. The only exceptions to confidentiality are governed by law as is reflected in the following:
- When there is concern that harm may come to student or others (i.e. child abuse, suicide, homicide)
- When information is about a premeditated criminal act or violation of the law.
- When a court of law subpoenas information from the student's file
- When the student or their legal guardian sign a written release of records authorizing certain information in the student's record to be released to another professional.