Job Title: Administrative Assistant - Physical Plant
Department: Physical Plant
Reports To: Physical Plant Director
To serve as comptroller and trainer for the Maintenance Direct Facility Maintenance System and to assist the Director in the day-to-day operations of the Physical Plant, as well as being responsible for handling customer complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for the Department's online work order system
- Appropriately handles complaints from Faculty, Staff, Students, and Community regarding the Physical Plant
- Approves Event set-ups for the Physical Plant, coordinates set-ups through Physical Plant Department and requests employee to complete setups, as necessary
- Coordinates meetings the needs of the Athletic Department (field needs, Homecoming, etc.)
- Coordinates meeting the needs of the campus for Graduation(s) : May and December Commencements
- Coordinate meeting the needs of the large summer camps at ECU
- Update a list of weekend events to give to weekend set up crew, every Wednesday — Friday
- Coordinates and schedule pest control for Housing & Residency Life Department, Academic Buildings, and the campus; pays invoices as necessary
- Sends campus notifications on utility interruptions, facility closings, etc., via email correspondence
- Email Housing & Residency Life Department regarding inspections, vandalisms, or when a room is ready to be released back to Housing.
- Calculates employee leave time and sends to Employment Services, monthly: Additionally, to make sure that all Excel Timesheets have been submitted to Employment Services, and saved to the H-Drive
- Secures Off-Campus training for workers or provides training, as needed
- Calculates comp time and keeps accurate spreadsheets of comp balances to send to Director at the end of each month
- Prepares documents and maintains records of important documents used
- Calculates amounts needed and requests purchase orders for contracted services (pest control, Express Personnel, pre-employment physicals, etc.)
- Hires Student Workers, monitor student worker budgets, and approves student pay
- Takes inspection information and makes work orders to correct problems
- Works with Express Personnel to maintain effective temporary workers for departments
- Checks for accuracy and pays Express Invoices, when due
- Maintains and Updates SchoolDude Maintenance Direct and Preventative Maintenance schedules, as needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required; some college preferred. Needs to be computer literate in software such as Microsoft Office; should have customer service and office experience of 2 - 3 years.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the work order system and the ability to take work order requests and answer complaints in various forms. Ability to direct the work force to accomplish work requested. Good writing skills. Ability to accurately compute comp time, overtime, and call — out time. Must be able to be courteous and professional under pressure, as well as to be able to multi-task effectively.
- Must be able to orally communicate in fluent English, using a two-way-radio; also, to effectively communicate in written form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, to light.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at . Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at .