Job Title: Admissions Coach
Department: Admissions & Recruitment
Reports to: Assistant Director of Admissions
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
• As part of a team of employees across campus, this position assists prospective students through the admission and enrollment process.
• Admits, develops and maintains records for all prospective and/or returning undergraduate applicants to the University under the admission criteria defined by East Central University and Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
• Performs data entry and provides student record maintenance. Reviews and processes admission documents. Responsible for achieving conversion of prospect to applicant; and applicant to admitted standards.
• Implements a comprehensive, targeted communication plan (including mail, e-mail, phone calls, and other potential methods) to encourage these applicants to submit all required documents.
• Manages multi-channel communication to applicants informing them of missing documents and next steps in the admissions process, uses reporting· tools to identify students with whom to communicate, and hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates student employees.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the computer systems and programs used by the admissions staff.
• Presents complex issues and questions to the appropriate individual(s); follow up in a timely manner to ensure the prospective student is helped or the issue is resolved.
• Ability to maintain an effective applicant tracking system.
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks, and track record for meeting deadlines.
EDUCATION and REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, computer literacy, organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
• Experience with Jenzabar, IBM Cognos Connection, or Slate preferred.
• Verify University admissibility. Categorize special admission conditions.
• Code/enter information.
• Identify academic deficiencies.
• Notify students of their admission status.
• Maintain an accurate, up-to-date system for tracking and communicating with prospective students.
• Perform other job-related duties assigned.
• Cross-training with co-workers is practiced for utilization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SALARY: $29,500 - $32,500
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed *Disclosure Statement.
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at http://www.ecok.edu.
***Please do not include a full Social Security Number on documents. Please provide only the last four (4) digits. We may never receive your information if a full Social Security Number is listed on any document. Our email system will reject emails if it detects a full Social Security Number, therefore Employment Services will not receive your information. ***