The Psychology Department at East Central University seeks a dynamic individual interested in a full-time, tenure-track position in psychology at the Assistant Professor level, beginning August, 2021. ECU is a regional public university with 3500 plus students located in Ada, OK (populations 17,000), about 1.5 hours south of Oklahoma City. Ada has the big city amenities in a community that still embraces the charm and values of a small town. Our low cost of living, abundant activities and family-oriented community makes it the ideal place to live, work and play. ECU students enjoy a rich campus life through more than 70 campus organizations, access to recreational facilities, and 11 NCAA Division II athletic teams. For more information about ECU, visit our web site. at: http://www.ecok.edu.
The tenure track assistant professor position is a ten-month position with the possibility of summer teaching duties. Candidates will potentially teach at both the graduate and undergraduate level and serve the students in their area of expertise. The start date will be August 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for 1) delivering quality instruction in our Graduate Programs (e.g., Intellectual Assessment, Diagnostic Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment of Childhood Psychopathology, Psychological Assessment, Introduction to School Psychological Services), 2) teaching in our undergraduate psychology program (e.g., General Psychology, Child Development, Abnormal Psychology), 3) advising graduate and/or undergraduate students in the program of your expertise, 4) pursing a focused area of research and scholarship that culminates in publications, professional presentations, and submission of grant proposals, 5) holding active membership in relevant professional associations/organizations, and 6) serving on committees and participating in official activities at the department, college, and university levels.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) or ABD in school psychology, counseling psychology or related field preferred. Other degree concentrations will be considered by the committee. Candidates with a Master’s Degree will be considered by the committee for the rank of instructor
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, service, and professional development.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to teach in traditional and non-traditional formats and settings (e.g., off-campus, weekends, online, and/or distance technology).
Strongest Candidates will demonstrate:
- a background in School Psychology OR Community Counseling, preferably with assessment experience.
- practical experience in their field of expertise, training commensurate with experience, appropriate licensure as it relates to their chosen field (e.g., NCSP, HSP, LPC, LBP, etc.), and professional memberships.
- an ability to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- a desire to teach in a student-centered environment where teaching and service to students is the primary mission of the campus.
- experience teaching using a variety of instructional technologies (e.g., web based, instructional software, Blackboard) and in a variety of formats (e.g., face-to-face, blended, online)
- a dedication to teaching and maintaining high academic standards for the students in the ECU Psychology program.
General Information about the Psychology Department
The Psychology Department is a vibrant department housed in The College of Education and Psychology. In addition to an undergraduate major in Psychology, the Psychology Department offers a 60-hour Master of Science Degree in Psychological Services. Three specialized options are available with this degree: Community Counseling option, School Psychologist option, Sport Psychology option. The Psychology Department also offers a 33-hour Master of Education in School Counseling and School Psychometry.
Salary Range: $46,500 - $48,000
Applications should consist of the following:
- Detailed cover letter addressing the expectations of the position and highlighting experiences that have prepared you for a position of this nature
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- List of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each
- A teaching philosophy.
- Unofficial transcripts from all degrees -- official transcripts are required upon hiring
- Completed *Disclosure Statement
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin October 30, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.