Job Title: Director of Athletics
Job Code: 6512
Reports To: President
I. Narrative Description:
This position is classified as a 12-month full-time at-will employment appointment with administrative responsibilities. The Director of Athletics is responsible to the President of the University for the managerial functions of planning, organizing, directing, staffing and controlling the activities of the East Central University department of athletics. He or she has oversight responsibilities in the areas of compliance, athletic training, strength and conditioning, sports information and of each athletic program. He or she provides managerial direction and coordination of all activities of the department, including but not limited to: budget preparation, receipt and disbursement of funds, required business activities related to athletics, marketing, promotions, game management, facility oversight, corporate sponsorship, and fund-raising all in direct cooperation with and subject to the policies and procedures of the University, Great American Conference (GAC), NCAA and the RUSO system.
II. Functional Description:
1. Plan, direct and coordinate scheduling of intercollegiate athletic programs, in compliance with University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and any conference policies and regulations.
2. Provide managerial direction and leadership for department publications for all intercollegiate sports in cooperation with the Marketing and Communication division of the University.
3. Handles and oversees all marketing and promotional efforts for the department.
4. Solicits corporate support throughout the community for the department and maintains those relationships throughout the year.
5. Serves as the main contact for SAAC (Student Athletic Advisory Committee) and the Athletic Advisory Committee and when needed on other various University committees.
6. Represent the University, and especially the department of athletics, in professional, civic, charitable and alumni events.
7. Provide supervision, leadership, and assistance in athletic fund-raising with the full cooperation of the University Advancement and the Foundation Office.
8. Provides leadership for and supervision of compliance with rules and regulations as set forth by the NCAA and GAC by coaches, staff, student-athletes and supporters of the University.
9. Contacts the NCAA Enforcement Staff in matters pertaining to personnel and possible rules violations.
10. Exercise general responsibility for maintaining and upgrading, as needed, intercollegiate athletic facilities.
11. Establish administrative policies and procedures that aid in achieving athletic goals and maintaining sound academic standards.
12. Responsible for effective communications and involvement with students, faculty, alumni and other interested constituencies of the university in matters relating to intercollegiate athletics.
13. Formally evaluates on a yearly basis all personnel working for the athletic department.
14. Makes recommendations to the President in the selection, performance, evaluation and dismissal of athletics personnel.
15. Serves in an advisory capacity to the President and performs other duties incidental to the work as Director of Athletics and as assigned by the President.
III. Position Requirements:
This position requires possession of a Master's degree in a related field. The ideal candidate will have athletic administrator experience at the NCAA Division I or II level for at least five years.
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a detailed cover letter addressing the expectations of the position; (2) a current resume/curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; and (4) a completed *Disclosure Statement. (Official transcripts are required upon hiring.)
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled (expected start date January 2023); applications received by October 21st, 2022, will receive full consideration. For more information about ECU, visit our website at http://www.ecok.edu.
***Please do not include a full Social Security Number on documents. Please provide only the last four (4) digits. We may never receive your information if a full Social Security Number is listed on any document. Our email system will reject emails if it detects a full Social Security Number, therefore Employment Services will not receive your information. ***
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th St., Admin. 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.