Job Title: Custodian
ECU is a student-centered regional state university located in Ada, Oklahoma. ECU offers thirty-three undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts, business, education, mathematics, sciences, nursing, and the social sciences; and six master's degrees in accounting, education, human resources, psychology, management, and water resources. ECU's 4,200 (average) students come from 35 countries and 22 different states. About 65% of the 147 full-time faculty hold doctorates.
SUMMARY: To clean and provide sanitation and appearance to buildings. We also provide maintenance to all floor coverings to extend the life of the floors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean restrooms, stock paper towels and tissue, mop, disinfect, clean mirrors
- Dust, mop halls, doorways, wet mop hall entries
- Clean windows and doors
- Clean stairs, sweep and mop
- Clean handrails as needed
- Clean offices: dust, gather trash, vacuum, wash windows and doors as needed
- Change light bulbs as needed and clean the covers also if needed
- Buff the floors with high speed burnisher
- Scrub floors with low speed scrubber, stripping wax off to refinish floors
- Shampoo carpets as needed removing stains and odors
- Clean classrooms, dust, wash chalkboards, arrange chairs, wet mop floor
- Locking and unlocking building and rooms as needed
- Storing and cleaning of equipment used
- Operation of company vehicles to perform on the job duties
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have Oklahoma drivers license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of chemicals used in the custodial trade. Run scrubbers hand held or automatic burnishers, wet/dry vacuums, shampooers.
- Personal Hygiene
- Abuse of Sick Leave or Annual Leave
- Care for Equipment
- Assist with the continued enhancement of ECU by modeling appropriate behavior for and towards students and staff, and by displaying professional conduct at all times
Language Skills: Must be able to hear and speak in fluent English to exchange information in person, on the telephone, or using a two-way radio system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: Send letter of interest; resume; transcripts; name, addresses, phone numbers of three professional references; and *Disclosure Statement to Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at http://www.ecok.edu.
East Central University, in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Employment Services Director, 1100 E. 14th, Admin. 160, Ada, OK 74820, (580) 559-5260.