Job Title: CARPENTER
Department: PHYSICAL PLANT
Reports To: STRUCTURAL SUPERINTENDENT
To maintain and upgrade the inner and outer appearances of all buildings and facilities on campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Painting interior structures of all buildings on campus using paint (latex, oil base, etc.) and proper painting equipment (brush, roller, spray rig, etc.) Painting exterior structures in the same manner
- Outside and inside construction of buildings, this may require remodeling of offices, refinishing gym floors, water blasting buildings and helping with concrete pouring and finishing, these job tasks are done as a helper
- Putting down floor tile with assistance, using proper glue, correct tile, grout and tile cutter
- Laying ceramic tile using proper glue, correct tile, grout and tile cutter
- Also requires proper cleaning of tile
- Laying core base using proper glue, color and proper cutting procedures
- Replacing ceiling tile
- Re-stripe parking lots using proper paint and colors along with proper equipment and/or machinery
- Carpentry work may require fixing locks, broken windows, adjusting door closures, floor closures, window locks, and assisting with building cabinets and installation
- Painting hash marks, numbers, lines, and boundaries of all football fields using proper paint and equipment
- Staining and varnishing of cabinets and doors using proper stain, varnish and necessary equipment
- Making signs that are needed around campus using proper lettering and materials required
- Using engraving machine to make nameplates and room number
- Assists electrician, plumber, custodian, furniture mover, and grounds when needed
- Going out of town to get immediate necessary supplies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 years related experience and/or training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Oklahoma state driver's license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate spray equipment - gasoline and air powered
- Personal Hygiene
- Participation with Clean-Up
- Mechanical Room Cleaning
- Care for Equipment
- Assist with the continued enhancement of ECU by modeling appropriate behavior for and towards students and staff, and by displaying professional conduct at all times
Must be able to hear and speak in fluent English to exchange information in person, on the telephone, or using a two-way radio system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in high, precarious places and is regularly exposed to fumes to airborne particles and toxic caustic chemicals. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed
Applications should be sent electronically to Employment Services at . Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about ECU, visit our website at .