Job Title: GROUNDSKEEPER
Department: PHYSICAL PLANT
Reports To: GROUNDS DIRECTOR
Maintains grounds of university property by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cuts lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flowerbeds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Rakes and bags leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Waters lawn and shrubs.
- Repairs fences, gates, walls, and walks.
- Paints fences and out buildings.
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mower, spreader, and snow removal equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Oklahoma state driver's license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good cultivation practices, recognition of disease conditions in trees, shrubs, and lawns. Some mechanical knowledge, skill in operation of tractor, mowers, hand tools.
- Personal Hygiene
- Abuse of Sick Leave or Annual Leave
- Participation in Friday Clean Up
- Clean Truck
- Mechanical Room Cleaning
- Care for Equipment
- Assist with the continued enhancement of ECU by modeling appropriate behavior for and towards students and staff, and by displaying professional conduct at all times
Must be able to hear and speak in fluent English to exchange information in person, on the telephone, or using a two-way radio system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY: Applications should consist of (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current resume; (3) a list of three professional references with complete contact information and a notation describing the work relationship with each; (4) unofficial transcripts from all degrees; and, (5) a completed .