ECU Freshman Resident Scholarship Opportunities
East Central University is dedicated to making higher education assessable to all students. Because of this we offer many different opportunities to help offset the cost of attendance. These opportunities include scholarships, student jobs and financial aid. East Central wants to help you pursue your future.
Scholarship selection at ECU is a competitive process. Meeting the minimum requirements for consideration does not ensure selection. Your completed application must be submitted no later than February 1.
Click HERE to view ECU's new and improved scholarship opportunities.
Click HERE to submit the ECU Scholarship Application.
While attending East Central University, you will have opportunities to enrich yourself and your campus. One such opportunity is the University Honors Program. In the Fall of 2018, ECU expects to award Honors Program scholarships to 20 incoming, first-year students. Honors Program students enjoy smaller, discussion-based classes, priority housing and enrollment benefits, travel opportunitites, and a chance to work one-on-one with professors on research and creative projects. Honors Program scholarships are worth $14,000 in tuition waivers ($1,750 x 8 semesters) and $6,000 in room waivers ($750 x 8 semesters). To be considered for one of these scholarships, students must complete an on-campus interview and a seperate Honors Program application.
Click HERE to apply for the Honors Scholarship.
All students that qualify for scholarship will be sent a letter and email containing the required questionnaire and the interview dates in early February.
Please be aware that though you may qualify to apply for a specific scholarship, it is not assured you will be offered that scholarship. Due to the limited number of scholarships and the high number of applicants this year, the scholarship process will be very competitive.
For Information on Academic Scholarships, please contact the Admissions Office, 580-559-5628.
Many scholarships are awarded through the ECU Foundation. Please visit the Foundation pages for more information about all the scholarship options available.
For information on the Foundation Scholarships, please contact the ECU Foundation, Inc. 580-559-5655.
Some academic departments also have scholarships available to students majoring in a particular subject area. Please visit the department homepage for your prospective major for more information.
Out of State and International Students
Download a PDF of the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Requirements to see if you are eligible.
- All Students recieving any type of institutional scholarship (Academic, Athletic, Music, Band, etc) must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Any scholarship recipient that does not complete the FAFSA will NOT recieve their scholarship. This includes any type of tuition and/or room waiver
- All fees and meal plans are not included with tuition or room waivers.
- All scholarships are not automatic and are awarded based on the availability of funds.
- You may be eligible for Freshman, Tranfer and Foundation Scholarships if you complete the application by February 1.
- All students that qualify for scholarships will be sent a letter and contract that they must fill out and submit to accept their award.
- Please be aware that though you may qualify to apply for a specific scholarship, it is not assured you will be offered that scholarship. Dut to the limited number of scholarships and the high number of applicants this year, the scholarship process will be very competitive.
For information on Academic Scholarships, please contact the Admissions Office at 580-559-5628.