Physical Plant’s Cleaning Procedure for Positive Covid-19 Case
- Once the Physical Plant receives word that the infected student, along with their personal belongings, have been removed from the affected dormitory room, then the Physical Plant will proceed with the following plan of action.
- Occupant must remove personal belongings from the room.
- 24 – 48 hours after the room is cleared of personal belongings the Physical Plant will then take possession of the affected room and will assign either a custodian or vendor to thoroughly clean, treat, and sanitize the affected area.
- Steps taken to treat the Area of concern:
- Sanitation Spray gun will be used to disinfect and sanitize all areas of the infected room.
- Entire resident's room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- After room is cleaned, the Physical Plant will then release the newly sanitized area back over to the ECU Housing Department.