The Legislature is composed of 18 representatives whose responsibilities include enacting all legislation necessary and proper to promote the general welfare of the student body and the University. The Student Senate serves as the primary legislative and deliberative body of the SGA and represents the views of the student body. The Student Senate has the duties and powers to:
- Adopt bills and resolutions which advance the purposes of the SGA as defined in the Preamble of this Constitution.
- Consider recommendations by the General Assembly, and the Executive Board.
- When in the best interest of the student body, override a Presidential Veto with a two-thirds vote.
- When in the best interest of the student body, remove from office any member of the Executive Board or the Senate.
- When in the best interest of the student body, recognize student organizations with a majority vote as requested by the Office of Campus Life and Leadership.
The Senate meets every Tuesday at 5:15 pm, University Center, Governor's Room to discuss and address issues of campus concern. Unless otherwise noted, weekly meetings are open to all students and other members of the East Central community. Everyone is encouraged to attend, to voice opinions, or to listen and observe.
2013 - 2014 Senate Representatives
|Freshman Rep||Alexa Engles|
|Freshman Rep||Isaac Morris|
|Sophmore Rep||Jake Laywood|
|Sophmore Rep||Bria Tynes|
|Junior Rep||Wesley Robertson|
|Junior Rep||Savannah Mobley|
|Senior Rep||Riste Stokanovski|
|Senior Rep||Michael Cain|
|Athletic Rep||Viktors Slesarenoks|
|Commuter Rep||Jenny Whatley|
|Graduate Rep||Tammy Brown|
|Housing Rep||Emily Davis|
|International Rep||Stacey Zulu|
|Non – Trad Rep||Corey Scott|
|Student with Dis Rep||Phyllis Duck|
|Minority Rep||Mercedes Hogan|
|Veteran Rep||James (Jim) Sharp|
|Greek Rep (IFC)||Jeremy Bussell|
|Greek Rep (NPC)||Faith Nevill|
All members of the Senate representatives are appointed for one year starting in the spring semester of every academic year and are responsible for attending each committee meeting.
Let Us Hear Your Voice!
Student Senate Disbursement Application: Student Senate Disbursement Application