What is Educational Talent Search?
Educational Talent Search (ETS) was authorized in the Higher Education Act of 1965. It is a part of the TRIO outreach programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education. TRIO programs are designed to motivate, support, and advocate for students from challenging backgrounds.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of ECU’s Educational Talent Search is to encourage and motivate program participants to successfully complete secondary school and enroll in a program of post secondary education.
- Provide services to improve matriculation and graduation (e.g. workshops, counseling, tutoring, career exploration, and cultural enrichment)
- Offer assistance and guidance with ACT and SAT preparation
- Assist participants to identify, access, and apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Conduct college campus tours and web searches, as well as, create an understanding of the admissions process
- Encourage goal setting and personal achievement
- Motivate participants to enroll in a program of post-secondary education