Veterans Student Support Services
Committed to East Central University Veterans, Active Service Members, National Guard and Reservists
Veterans Student Support Services (VSSS) is a federal TRIO grant funded by the United States Department of Education. The program is designed to increase retention and graduation rates, foster an institutional climate supportive of success, and improve the financial and economic literacy of program participants. VSSS is designed to assist eligible East Central University veterans, active service members, National Guard and reservists. (Qualified dependents are provided assistance by the School VA Certifying Official located in the VSSS office.) Services for VSSS participants include:
- Academic tutoring to enable students to complete postsecondary courses
- Advice and assistance in course selection and enrollment
- Information on the full range of Federal student financial aid programs and benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Assistance in completing financial aid applications
- Education and counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students (including financial planning for postsecondary education)
- Activities designed to assist participants in applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in, graduate and professional programs
- Individualized counseling
- information and instruction designed to acquaint participants with the range of career options available
- mentoring programs involving faculty or upper class students
East Central University VSSS participants will be served by a highly qualified staff dedicated to the success of student veterans. Our Veteran Resource Center offers a learning environment tailored exclusively for our veterans and service members. Most importantly, all of our services are FREE!
Our office and the Veteran and Military Resource Center hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, when University administrative offices are open. After hour appointments and access to the Veterans and Military Resource Center can be made by arrangement.
Jill Williamson, Director, (580) 559-5740, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clint Fisher, Program Coordinator, (580) 559-5163, or via email at email@example.com
Patrick Hicks, School Certifying Official, (580) 559-5162, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Veterans Student Support Services is to empower our Nation's heroes by providing comprehensive and individualized plans addressing the transitional, academic, career, and professional services needed to earn a bachelor's degree at East Central University.
Click the link to access the needed forms.