May 31, 2020
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Danley Hall, Suite 204
1100 E. 14th Street, PMB P-8 • Ada, OK 74820-6999
580-559-5213 office • 580-559-5788 fax • www.ecok.edu
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
A few weeks ago, we established an ad hoc committee focused on developing a plan to safely return us to campus. The committee continues to work on how to safely be on campus and provide an exceptional experience for everyone. The committee truly embodies our value of being committed to solving problems. As we look at what a future with COVID-19 will be for us, we will also live the ECU value of being adaptable and open to new ideas.
On Monday, June 1, we begin summer hours. Employees return to campus, Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. There is a paid 30-minute lunch and an additional 30 minutes of wellness activity time available (more information below). Employees will need to speak with their supervisor, their respective vice president, and the director of Employment Services if they have concerns about being on campus.
Staff will be in their offices but campus buildings will be locked with one exception. The westside door of the Administration Building will be open and students and visitors will check-in at a reception desk in the entryway and be escorted to the office they wish to visit.
Communal areas will be closed with the exception of the Wellness Center. After discussion with the director of the Wellness Center, Wendy Streater, we believe the Wellness Center can safely be open for employees at this time. Please note the following:
- Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- TigerFit Bootcamp is held at 1:00 p.m. in the Group Exercise Room
- Upon arrival, please tell the attendant your name and show your ID; it will not be scanned.
- After check-in and before entering the facility, wash hands.
- We ask that you sanitize often, don’t share equipment with others, wipe down all equipment you touch and keep 6’ of distance between you and other exercisers.
- The Tigers Den and pool will remain closed through the summer.
- Access to the building will be through the main east door via the scanner. If your ID does not provide you access, please call Robert Hayes at extension 742. He will need to activate your ID.
- Employees self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and contact their supervisor if they are displaying symptoms. Employees with symptoms may not be on campus.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be followed: maintain a distance of 6 feet of separation,
- Employees should bring their own masks if they choose to use one. We encourage you to wear one should you interact with others.
- Employment Services should be contacted to help determine appropriate work assignments for any employee deemed vulnerable.
- Non-essential work travel remains suspended until June 15.
- All employees will maintain proper hand hygiene practices.
- ECU will provide hand soap in the bathrooms and hand sanitizer as it becomes available.
- All employees will help (minimum of twice daily) clean and disinfect office space, including common areas, personal office space, paying close attention to frequently touched surfaces.
- Physical Plant will ensure adequate disinfecting products for each office and department.
- All employees will practice proper safety and cleaning protocols when exchanging items or equipment on campus.
If our second phase of “safe return to campus” goes smoothly, the campus will open its doors to the public on June 15. Of course, we will continue to have increased hygiene and modified work protocols in place. In essence, we are developing our new normal while the COVID-19 virus remains present in our world.
The committee will continue to work on the details for a safe fall return which has more variables to address. We will provide updates accordingly as new information is learned and our plans are developed. As always, your health remains the top priority as we open the campus.
Stay safe and healthy.
Katricia G. Pierson, Ph.D.