WELCOME TO THE TOMMY HEWETT, M.D. WELLNESS CENTER AT ECU!
It is the mission of the Tommy Hewett, M.D. Wellness Center to provide quality wellness programs and facilities to the student body, faculty, and staff of East Central University, as well as members of the surrounding communities. The Tommy Hewett, M.D. Wellness Center, located on the top floor of the University Center, offers students and community a great exercise and workout facility. The Wellness Center offers a multitude of options so that your workout routine will never be boring. Whether your interests are free weights, exercise machines, cross-training, group exercise classes, racquetball, indoor track running, basketball or swimming, the Wellness Center offers a wide variety of fitness options.
UPDATED HOURS/POLICIES (Effective August 3, 2020)
Because of COVID-19, there have been some policy and guideline updates for the Wellness Center and University Center. Face masks are now required in all Wellness Center facilities.
*CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERSHIPS*
Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.- 9:30 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sunday 2:00-6:00 p.m.
*CLOSED DECEMBER 22, 2020*
To help protect our students, staff and community members, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes:
- Face masks are now required in all Wellness Center facilities.
- Upon arrival, please give us your name and show your ID. We will not be scanning your card. Towels are available outside the Front Desk to pick up as needed.
- Before entering any of the workout areas, please wash your hands.
- The water fountain is for filling bottles only, do not drink straight from it.
- We have moved equipment so that there is at least six feet between each piece. We ask that you maintain six feet from other exercisers, and do not share equipment. Use hand sanitizer often throughout your workout.
- The Tigers Den and Pool will remain closed through the summer. Much of the equipment has been relocated to the second floor. Ask an employee for help locating equipment if needed.
- McBride Gym is open, but we ask that only two shooters are on each goal and that there is no game play. Please keep six feet of distance between you and other exercisers on the track.
- As always, spray and wipe all equipment used during the workout.
- We are making great efforts to clean all rooms frequently throughout the day to make sure everyone stays safe.
New patrons will enroll at the front desk of the Wellness Center. Family members 15 and over will complete all necessary liability forms and will receive a copy of our policies. A facility tour or orientation is available upon request. A receipt will be given upon enrollment and should be presented at each visit prior to obtaining an ID card. Enrollments are processed within a week and I.D. numbers are assigned at that time.
OBTAIN I.D. CARD
Once the enrollment is processed and I.D. numbers are assigned we will contact the primary enrollee. Wellness Center photo I.D. cards can then be obtained at the Information Desk downstairs for $5.00 per person. The I.D. card must be presented upon check-in to the Wellness Center.
VISITOR PARKING PERMIT
Visitor parking permits can also be obtained at the Information Desk. Visitor parking permits are available for Wellness Center Community patrons at no cost. The parking permit is valid only in the designated visitor parking lot located directly south of the University Center. A visitor parking permit does not guarantee a parking space to be available and additional parking is available in adjacent lots.