The GOLD (Guard Officer Leadership Development) Program is a challenging leadership program available to ECU students and Oklahoma National Guard Soldiers attending East Central State University. GOLD creates the next generation of National Guard leaders.
Academic and leadership training is built into the college curriculum. During classes, leadership labs, physical training and field training exercises Student-Soldiers will learn what it takes to lead others, motivate groups, and conduct missions as an Army Officer.
Upon completion of the GOLD Program and Officer Candidate School, Student- Soldiers earn the rank of 2nd Lieutenant and become a commissioned officer in the Army National Guard.
- Classroom instruction: two hours per week
- Leadership lab: four hours per week
- Physical training 3 times per week
- Field training exercise: fall, spring, and summer
- Non-deployable through graduation
- 100% paid college tuition
- Complete monthly drill with GOLD during leadership labs
- Montgomery GI Bill payments
- Commission with 90 college credit hours
- Paid training
- Receive all Military Benefits
- Meet all current National Guard enlistment criteria
- Agree to complete Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training
- Agree to enroll in GOLD at ECU as a full-time student for the duration of the program
- Attain a 110 GT score or higher by the end of the sophomore year of college
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Interview with GOLD personnel via telephone or in person