ECU Freshman Resident Scholarship Opportunities
East Central University is dedicated to making higher education accessible to all students. We offer many different opportunities to help offset the cost of attendance, including scholarships, student jobs, and financial aid. Scholarship selection at ECU is a competitive process. Meeting the minimum requirements for consideration does not ensure selection. Your completed application must be submitted no later than February 1.
In the Fall of 2019, ECU expects to award Honors Program scholarships to 20 incoming, first-year students. Honors Program students enjoy smaller, discussion-based classes, priority housing and enrollment benefits, travel opportunities, and a chance to work one-on-one with professors on research and creative projects. Honors Program scholarships are worth $14,000 in tuition waivers ($1,750 x 8 semesters) and $6,000 in room waivers ($750 x 8 semesters). To be considered for one of these scholarships, students must complete an on-campus interview and a separate Honors Program application. Honors Program scholarship applications will be accepted after February 1 and throughout the spring semester until all scholarships are awarded.
East Central University Foundation, Inc.
There are many scholarship opportunities through the ECU Foundation. Please visit the Foundation Scholarship Page or contact the ECU Foundation at 580-559-5655.
Every academic department at ECU has scholarship opportunities. Please visit the department of your chosen major for applications.
Out-of-State and International Students
Download a PDF of the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver requirements to see if you are eligible.
- All students receiving any type of institutional scholarship (Academic, Athletic, Music, Band, etc.) must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Any scholarship recipient that does not complete the FAFSA will NOT receive their scholarship. This includes any type of tuition and/or room waiver.
- All fees and meal plans are not included with tuition or room waivers.
- All scholarships are not automatic and are awarded based on the availability of funds.
- You may be eligible for Freshman, Transfer, and Foundation Scholarships if you complete the application by February 1.
- Each student that qualifies for a scholarship will be sent a letter and contract that he/she must fill out and submit to accept the award.
- Please be aware that although you may qualify to apply for a specific scholarship, it is not assured you will be offered that scholarship. Due to the limited number of scholarships and the high number of applicants each year, the scholarship process is very competitive.
For information on Academic Scholarships, please contact the Admissions Office at 580-559-5628.