Standard Certificate:

Applicant must hold and maintain a valid Standard Teaching Certificate in Early Childhood, Elementary, Elementary/Secondary, Secondary, Vocational-Technical, Library Media Specialist, or Speech-Language Pathology. Applicant must hold a Master’s Degree and certification as a school principal or meet alternative certification requirements for school principal certification. Applicant must have had two (2) years of successful teaching experience in public or private schools accredited by the Oklahoma State Board of Education and two (2) years administrative experience in public or private schools accredited by the State Board of Education. The applicant shall pass the Oklahoma Certification Test for School Superintendent prior to being issued a certificate.

Alternative certification candidates must hold a standard master’s degree, have two (2) years of relevant work experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity, receive a passing score on the subject area competency exam, and, submit a plan to the Director of Teacher Education at ECU for completing an alternative certification program within three (3) years. Candidates seeking certification through this route should contact the Director of Teacher Education for more information and specific program and course requirements. An alternative certificate for superintendent of schools shall not exceed three (3) years and shall not be renewable.

      2016-2017    2017-2018    2018-2019    2019-2020    2020-2021    2021-2022    2023-2024

Degree checksheets are in PDF format and will open in a new browser window.  Select the appropriate checksheet beginning the year of continuous enrollment.

User icon

For more information, contact:

Post-Master Certification Number:  0875
Advisor:  Dr. Jerry Mihelic
Location:  204 D Education Building
Phone:  580.559.5350

Financial Aid Regulations for Graduate Students

Students, please be advised that the courses you choose to enroll in MUST be a required course or an elective course in your degree program. Financial Aid regulations dictate that any graduate student who is seeking financial aid must be enrolled in AT LEAST five (5) credit hours during the fall, spring, or summer semester and the courses MUST be in the degree program.

*Certificate Programs do not qualify for financial aid.