When/How to Apply to ECU as a Former ECU Student

Students who attended ECU within the last academic year, even if they have sat out one semester, are considered active students and do not need to re-apply. Instead of re-applying for admission, these students should complete any necessary forms (i.e., name change or major/advisor change forms) to update their records. The forms can be found on the website or in the Records Office. Address changes should be reported through the “Personal Info” section of the student’s MyECU account. Please note that all name changes require proper documentation (marriage license or court order) before being processed.

Any student who did not attend ECU during the last academic year (fall and spring semesters) is considered a former student and must re-apply for admission.

Any student who has attended another college/university since attending ECU must re-apply for admission, regardless of the length of time away from ECU. These students must submit an official transcript from each school attended since ECU.

The initial steps in the admitting process for former students are as follows:

1.    Fill out the online application for admission.
2.    Submit all official transcripts from previous colleges/universities, if applicable, to:

East Central University
Office of Admissions
1100 E 14th St PMB R-8
Ada, OK 74820-6999

Former students are required to pay the $20 application fee. Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Office of Admissions at 580-559-5628.