We invite you to be a part of the new PLC program at East Central University. Members of the PLC will be hand-selected each year - only 20 student leaders will be selected for each class.
PLC will have the opportunity to interact with many of the campus and state’s most influential and creative individuals. The President's Leadership Class will:
- Empower members to positively impact the university and surrounding community
- Guide campus tours for future ECU Tigers
- Attend Freshmen Seminar Class taught by the President of ECU
- Attend events to represent ECU
- Earn a $1,500 Annual Tuition Scholarship ($750 / semester)
- Earn a $1,500 Annual Housing Scholarship ($750 / semester)
Successful candidates must be a first-time, full-time freshmen for the Fall 2021 semester. Must have a total of 500 points (High School Cumulative GPA x 100) + (ACT composite Score x 10)
Upload a video to YouTube using the following guidelines.
Video Essay Contest Rules
- Must plan to attend ECU in the Fall of 2021
- One video submission per person
- Video limit: 2 minutes
Tips: Film in landscape & make sure your lighting and audio is good.
- Upload to YouTube
- Must email firstname.lastname@example.org link to video
- Please put “Your Name – 2021 PLC Video Submission” in subject line
- Must be submitted by June 1, 2022
Please include the following in your video essay submission
- Name, name of high school, and what you plan to study
- What are your leadership skills and any leadership positions held in high school
- Why do you think you would be good in the 2021 ECU PLC
- According to your friends, what are your BEST qualities
- Choose two questions from down below to answer
- What's the thing you're most nervous about when coming to ECU?
- Were you a Disney, Nickelodeon, or PBS kid?
- If you had one super power what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite party trick?
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
- Would rather live without AC/Heat OR Social Media?
Finalist will be notified by July 5, 2022
To be eligible:
- Meet the standard admissions requirements and have applied for admission at ECU
- Show outstanding leadership in different student organizations on campus
- Complete the PLC video essay and email it to email@example.com
Expected to do:
- To attend all meetings and events that are mandatory
- They are to volunteer to help with events to make sure you reach the monthly goal
- Be involved on campus with different organizations
- Be on call and ready to help where needed
- Attend events, programs, and banquets throughout the year
- Attend different high school visits with the recruiters
- Live on campus or within 31 miles of campus
- Be a full-time student every semester. (12 Hours is full time)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Assist with campus activities
- Assist in office of Recruitment: (High school visits, campus tours, etc.)
Characteristics of a PLC Student:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to inspire others
- Good communication
- The same vision and purpose of our university
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award is a total of $3,000
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award includes a $750 Tuition Waiver each semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award includes a $750 Room Waiver each semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award will continue up to two (2) full semesters (with an option to be selected for two more semesters) contingent upon the recipient meeting the academic requirements, adherence to the standards of behavior in the student code of conduct and the availability of scholarship funds at the end of each semester