We invite you to be a part of the President’s Leadership Class program at East Central University. Members of the PLC will be hand-selected each year - only 20 student leaders will be selected for each class.
PLC students will have the opportunity to interact with many of the campus and state’s most influential and creative individuals.
- Successful candidates must be first-time, full-time freshmen for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Must have a total of 500 points (High School Cumulative GPA x 100) + (ACT composite Score x 10)
- Meet the standard admissions requirements and have applied for admission at ECU
- Show outstanding leadership in different student organizations on campus
- Complete the PLC video essay and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload a video to YouTube using the following guidelines:
Video Essay Contest Rules:
- Must plan to attend ECU in the Fall of 2022
- One video submission per person
- Video limit: 2 minutes
- Tips: Film in landscape & make sure your lighting and audio are good.
- Upload to YouTube
- Must email email@example.com link to the video
- Please put “Your Name – 2022 PLC Video Submission” in the subject line
- Must be submitted by June 1, 2022
Please include the following in your video essay submission:
- Your Name, name of high school, and what you plan to study
- What are your leadership skills and any leadership positions held in high school
- Why do you think you would be good in the ECU PLC?
- According to your friends, what are your BEST qualities
- Choose two questions from down below to answer
- What's the thing you're most nervous about when coming to ECU?
- Were you a Disney, Nickelodeon, or PBS kid?
- If you had one superpower what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite party trick?
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
- Would rather live without AC/Heat OR Social Media?
Finalists will be notified by July 5, 2022
- Attend all meetings and events that are deemed mandatory
- Be involved on campus within different organizations
- Attend campus-hosted events, programs, and banquets throughout the year.
- Live on campus or within 31 miles of campus.
- Complete two office hours each week in the Recruitment, President’s, or Alumni offices (will be assigned based on class schedule each semester)
- Be a full-time student every semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Assist with campus activities
- Accumulate a total of 100 points each semester based on the PLC Point Rubric
Characteristics of a PLC Student:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to inspire others
- Good communication
- The same vision and purpose of our university
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award is a total of $1,500
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award includes a $750 Tuition Waiver each semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award will continue up to two (2) full semesters (with an option to be selected for two more semesters) contingent upon the recipient meeting the academic requirements, adherence to the standards of behavior in the student code of conduct and the availability of scholarship funds at the end of each semester