We invite you to be a part of the President’s Leadership Class program at East Central University. Members of the PLC will be hand-selected each year - only 20 student leaders will be selected for each class.
PLC students will have the opportunity to interact with many of the campus and state’s most influential and creative individuals.
- Successful candidates must be first-time, full-time freshmen for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Must have a total of 500 points (High School Cumulative GPA x 100) + (ACT composite Score x 10)
- Meet the standard admissions requirements and have applied for admission at ECU
- Show outstanding leadership on campus
- Follow the application instructions outlined below
Hannah McCullough, M.Ed.
PLC Program Coordinator
HOW TO APPLY:
Record a short video essay using the following guidelines:
Video Essay Rules:
- Must plan to attend ECU in the Fall of 2023
- One video submission per person
- Video limit: 2 minutes
- Tips: Film in landscape & make sure your lighting and audio are good.
- Must email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put “Your Name – 2023 PLC Video Submission” in the subject line
- Must be submitted by March 1, 2023
Please include the following in your video essay submission:
- Your Name, name of high school, and what you plan to study
- What are your leadership skills and any leadership positions held in high school
- Why do you think you would be good in the ECU PLC?
- According to your friends, what are your BEST qualities
- Choose two questions from down below to answer
- What makes you the most nervous when it comes to starting college?
- Were you a Disney, Nickelodeon, or PBS kid?
- If you had one superpower what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite party trick?
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
- Would rather live without AC/Heat OR Social Media?
Finalists will be notified by April 1, 2023
- Attend all meetings and events that are deemed mandatory
- Be involved on campus
- Attend campus-hosted events, programs, and banquets throughout the year.
- Live on campus or within 31 miles of campus.
- Complete two office hours each week in the Recruitment, President’s, or Alumni offices (will be assigned based on class schedule each semester)
- Be a full-time student every semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Assist with campus activities
- Accumulate a total of 100 points each semester based on the PLC Point Rubric
Characteristics of a PLC Student:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to inspire others
- Good communication
- The same vision and purpose of our university
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award is a total of $1,500
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award includes a $750 Tuition Waiver each semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award will continue up to two (2) full semesters (with an option to be selected for two more semesters) contingent upon the recipient meeting the academic requirements, adherence to the standards of behavior in the student code of conduct and the availability of scholarship funds at the end of each semester