We invite you to be a part of the President’s Leadership Class program at East Central University. Members of the PLC will be hand-selected each year - only 25 student leaders will be selected for each class.
PLC students will have the opportunity to interact with many of the campus and state’s most influential and creative individuals.
- Successful candidates must be first-time, full-time freshmen for the Fall 2023 semester
- Incoming freshmen must have an ACT score of 20 or higher or minimum 3.5 GPA to be an automatic qualifier for consideration
- Meet the standard admissions requirements and have applied for admission at ECU
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership in high school
- Follow the application instructions outlined below
- Attend program meeting, events, and retreats
- Be engaged on campus by attending campus-hosted events, programs, and banquets
- Live on campus
- Be a full-time student every semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Volunteer two hours of service weekly for the university
- Be enrolled in PLC section of Tiger Connect UNIV 1001
- PLC students will serve as Ambassadors for ECU and work personally with President Godwin
Characteristics of a PLC Student:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to inspire others
- Good communication
- The same vision and purpose of our university
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award is a total of $1,500 per semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award includes a $750 Tuition Waiver and a $750 Housing Waiver each semester
- The ECU President’s Leadership Class award will continue up to two (2) full semesters (with an option to be selected for two more semesters) contingent upon the recipient meeting the academic requirements, adherence to the standards of behavior in the student code of conduct and the availability of scholarship funds at the end of each semester
- Access to first day priority enrollment