College Assisting with Relief in Emergencies
Established in 2017 by faculty in the College of Education and Psychology, the C.A.R.E. Fund exists to aid and assist students experiencing a financial crisis that substantially affects the ability of the student to attend ECU and progress in his or her studies.
The C.A.R.E. Fund supports those students majoring in Psychology, Education, and Family and Consumer Science. By focusing on the majors that represent most all of the departments within the College of Education and Psychology, the faculty has many opportunities to assist their very own students who they personally get to know throughout their students’ college career.
By the referral of an ECU faculty or staff member along with many other guidelines, students may be eligible to receive support through the CARE Fund. It is not expected that students will repay these funds; however, students are encouraged to “pay it forward” in the future or when they are able.
CARE Grant Guidelines
1. Only an ECU faculty or staff member may recommend a student for CARE funds.
2. To be eligible, students must be enrolled full-time at ECU in the semester during which funds are sought and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
3. To be eligible, students must have a declared undergraduate or graduate major of Education (Elementary, Secondary, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Educational Leadership, Library Media, Educational Technology, Academic Discipline) or Family and Consumer Sciences.
4. Funds shall only be awarded in the event of an emergency that substantially affects the ability of a student to attend ECU and progress in his or her studies. Funds shall not be awarded if the student is experiencing ongoing or recurring problems. The purpose of the Grant is to retain students who may not otherwise be able to progress.
5. Applying does not ensure that funds will be awarded. CARE committee members will determine whether the funds will be awarded.
6. It is not expected that students will repay these funds. However, students are encouraged to “pay it forward” in the future or when they are able. Donations to the CARE fund are welcomed. Performing volunteer service in the spirit of the fund is encouraged.
7. An invoice or receipt must be attached to the completed application listing the vendor and service provided.
8. The ECU Bursar’s and Financial Aid Offices will be notified of all recipients of this aid and the amount received.
9. A current copy of the student's Bursar bill must be attached to this document as well as a current unofficial transcript.
To make a donation to the C.A.R.E. Fund, please complete your secure online donation in the form below.