Student Help and Resources in Emergencies
The S.H.A.R.E Fund, which stands for “Student Help and Resources in Emergencies”, was established in 2013 by a very dedicated ECU faculty member along with others who shared the same compassion and concern for ECU students. The S.H.A.R.E Fund exists to aid and assist students experiencing a financial crisis that substantially affects the ability of the student to attend ECU and progress in his or her studies.
The S.H.A.R.E. Fund supports students from all majors and degree programs. From helping out with car repairs to buying textbooks, those who contribute to the fund help to provide aid to many students in various ways through the S.H.A.R.E. Fund.
By the referral of an ECU faculty or staff member along with many other guidelines, students may be eligible to receive support through the S.H.A.R.E. Fund. It is not expected that students will repay these funds; however, students are encouraged to “pay it forward” in the future or when they are able.
SHARE Grant Guidelines
1. Only an ECU faculty or staff member may recommend a student for SHARE funds.
2. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at ECU in the semester during which funds are sought.
3. Funds shall only be awarded in the event of an emergency that substantially affects the ability of a student to attend ECU and progress in his or her studies. Funds shall not be awarded if the student is experiencing ongoing or recurring problems. The purpose of the Grant is to retain students who may not otherwise be able to progress.
4. Applying does not ensure that funds will be awarded. SHARE committee members and ECU Foundation, Inc. employees will determine whether the funds will be awarded.
5. It is not expected that students will repay these funds. However, students are encouraged to “pay it forward” in the future or when they are able. Donations to the SHARE fund are welcomed. Performing volunteer service in the spirit of the fund is encouraged.
6. An invoice or receipt must be attached to the completed application listing the vendor and service provided.
7. The ECU Bursar’s and Financial Aid Offices will be notified of all recipients of this aid and the amount received.
8. A current copy of the student's Bursar bill must be attached to this document as well as a current unofficial transcript.
Click here for the printable S.H.A.R.E. Application
To make a donation to the ECU Ross S.H.A.R.E. Fund, please complete your secure online donation in the form below.