About The Camp
Oklahoma Business Week is a one-of-a-kind summer program that offers students in high school first-hand experience in the world of business with a focus on technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship! You become part of your "company" and work together in various events and competitions. You will also have the opportunity to interact and learn from community business leaders. You will gain skills in leadership, communication, team building, responsibility, money management, entrepreneurship, marketing, and much more. At Oklahoma Business Week you will learn that the business world can be serious stuff, but it can also be fun.
Oklahoma Business Week will be held on the campus of East Central University in Ada, OK June 2 - June 6, 2024. Students will live in the dorms and participate in a variety of activities on the ECU campus. Any student completing their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year is eligible to attend. This is a great opportunity to get a feel of what college life is like! For further information, contact Dr. Stacey Bolin or Interim Dean, Dr. Michael Scott.
Who Can Attend Oklahoma Business Week?
Any student completing their freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior year. Any student who has attended public, private, internet, or home schools is invited to participate.
No business experience necessary - whether you've taken every business class at your school or have never done anything in business before, our unique program and interesting pathways will challenge you without overwhelming you.
Registration Dates and Cost
Oklahoma Business Week is fortunate to have many financial supporters. Through their generosity, students receive a scholarship to partially offset the full cost of the program. We never want money to stand in the way of student participation in your programs. Students are encouraged to bring along a small amount of money for incidental expenses such as pop, souvenirs, etc. Students must also provide their own transportation to and from the university. All meals will be provided by the camp.
Application Selection Begins March 1st!
During Oklahoma Business Week, participants not only gain exposure to college life and career options, but they are also taught the value of respect for others while building their own leadership style. engaging in teamwork and working alongside business leaders (our company advisors), teens enhance their workforce readiness skills and build a stronger connection between school and work. There will be $15,000 of scholarships given out to participants and the winning team will each be given a laptop.
How are the students organized for the week?
- Each student will be part of a group of student called a "company." Most of your time will be spent in company meetings as you learn to work as a team. Each company has a business person who has volunteered to be your Company Advisor (mentor).
Who are the Company Advisors and what is their background?
- The Company Advisors come from a wide variety of businesses throughout the state of Oklahoma and have an even wider array of backgrounds.
Is there a Code of Conduct?
- Yes, OBW has a Code of Conduct that each participant and parent/guardian must sign for the student to participate. Violation of the Code of Conduct is grounds to be sent home.
What happens if I have to cancel?
- If you must cancel for any reason, please notify us as soon as possible so that we may use your program sponsorship for another student.
How do OBW scholarships work?
- Every student that applies for OBW is automatically considered for merit and need-based scholarships based on the information provided in their recommendation form. These scholarships are applied to their registration fee to help reduce the cost to campers.
How can I submit my application?
- You can email your completed application to: email@example.com
- By fax at 580-559-5709
- Or mail it Dr. Stacey Bolin at: 1100 E 14th Street PMB E-7, Ada, OK 74820
OBW will be back better than ever June 2nd - 6th, 2024!
Please , have a teacher, principal, or counselor complete the recommendation form and return it to Dr. Stacey Bolin via:
- Email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax at 580-559-5709
- Or by mail at: 1100 E 14th Street PMB E-7, Ada, OK 74820