The Rehabilitation Program is has been recognized by the Registry of Undergraduate Programs in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies with the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) since 1999, and remains in good standing. This International Registry verifies that the program is recognized as one of excellence. ECU has the only registered undergraduate program in Oklahoma.
What is Rehabilitation?
- Rehabilitation is a career of choice for high-energy people who want to be creative and independent while they make a very real difference in the lives of individuals with a variety of disabilities.
- Rehabilitation is a field in which people will tell you right up front that it is not about disabilities - it is about possibilities!
- The objective of rehabilitation is to facilitate the ability of people with disabilities to gain empowerment, employment, and full access to society.
As a future Rehabilitation Professional, you will have exciting opportunities to:
- Work in a creative, compelling, professional environment infused with passion, idealism, and realism;
- Achieve your potential while empowering others to reach theirs;
- Enjoy long-term career growth potential with increasingly competitive salaries and benefits;
- Experience the deep satisfaction of making a significant impact on the quality of many lives, including your own.
- Join the Student Rehabilitation Association
- Join the Human Resources Club
- Join FATE - Fighting Addiction Through Education
- Join the National Rehabilitation Association and the Oklahoma Rehabilitation Association
- Attend Disability Awareness Days!
Attend Professional Conference!
- Perform community service!
- Take field trips to various facilities around the state
- Listen to dynamic guest speakers with expertise in rehabilitation and disability
- state/federal/American Indian Vocational Rehabilitation agencies,
- addiction recovery centers and programs
- community based rehabilitation centers
- independent living centers
- mental health facilities
- correctional facilities
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Technician
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counselor
- Case Manager
- Independent Living Counselor/Specialist
- Rehabilitation Engineer Technician
- Personal Adjustment Trainer
- Employee Assistance Counselor
- Job Placement Specialist/Job Coach
- Group Home Counselor
- Americans with Disabilities Act Specialist
- Therapeutic foster care
For additional information, please contact:
Regina Robertson, Ph.D., CRC, LPC
Professor & Program Coordinator