All questions about Tuition Assistance can be directed to our School Certifying Official, SCO at the Veteran Affairs office, located in the administration building, room 113, phone number 580-559-5162. Under some circumstances a service member can use both TA and a VA Chapter benefits at the same time (only for chapter 30 and 33 students). Direct these questions to ECU’s veteran affairs office and the SCO.

Each military branch has its own TA application form and procedures. To find out how to get started, visit your local installation education center, go online to a virtual education center or go to the Military One Source website and look for the link to your branch of service.

Prior to your course enrollment, you may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation. Be sure to keep the following important information in mind when you apply:

·        Military tuition assistance may only be used to pursue degree programs at colleges and universities in the United States that are regionally or nationally accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S Department of Education. A quick way to check the accreditation of a school is by visiting the Department of Education.

·        Your service’s education center must approve your military tuition assistance before you enroll in a course.

Beginning October 1st 2024, the course code for the class must be loaded in the AI Portal for Army and Air Force TA students. Contact the SCO, veteran’s affairs office if your course isn’t found.

The SCO will help determine the amount of college credit the service member can receive for previous military and college transfer work. The SCO will order, evaluate JSTs, Joint Service Transcript for students receiving TA.