Purpose - To Enhance and Support Oklahoma's Public Child Welfare Workforce
- Recruit qualified BSW and MSW students into CWPEP. This is NOT a financial aid program;
- Provide social work educational opportunities to OKDHS staff;
- Provide mandatory Child Welfare related electives and internship opportunities to participants;
- Provide CWPEP participants with financial support covering books, fees and tuition in return for a specified employment obligation in a Child Welfare position with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) or a Tribe with which OKDHS has a Tribal/State Agreement.
BSW $891/month for 8 months = $7,128/academic year;
For OKDHS & tribal employees, payment for tuition, fees & books is paid directly to East Central University ~ No stipend payment is made to the student.
- Work for OKDHS or a Tribe in a Child Welfare position for 12 months for each academic year of financial support;
- Failure to complete the educational program or the employment obligation requires repayment of all funds.
- Be admitted to the ECU Social Work Program in Ada or in McAlester;
- Demonstrate an interest in a career in public child welfare through application, interviews, written essay and references and attend a child welfare orientation presented by OKDHS in Norman, OK;
- Sign a legally binding contract obligating the student to work for OKDHS/Tribe upon graduation;
- Provide a background check from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI), including a sex offenders and violent crimes check, and a driving records check from the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety or the current state of residence;
- Be a Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.
Amy Ward firstname.lastname@example.org 580-559-5402
CWPEP Programs for BSW Students at Other Universities Statewide
A title IV-E partnership between:
East Central University
The University of Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services
US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children & Families